December 25, 2007

This year, Christmas was much more peaceful and relaxed compared to last year. I'm sure much of that had to do with the fact that we spent it at home rather than traveling. Don't get me wrong, we had a blast last Christmas when we visited my sister in Valencia and went to Disneyland on Christmas Day! I just wouldn't say it was relaxing. The nice thing about approaching the holidays at a slower pace is that you can take the time to really enjoy it, instead of it all just rushing by in a huge blur. Now that we have Andre, I find myself wanting to slow everything down! I want to savor the moments I have with him, and all of life's moments really, as much as I can. And though this might sound cliche, it was also my aim to focus more on Christ this Christmas. Believe it or not, two of my toddler's books helped in this endeavor--"There Was No Snow on Christmas Eve" and "What is Christmas?" I read these books to him for the entire holiday season and it really set the tone for this year's celebration.

No comments: