Billy's older sister, Marie, was born on December 25th. Needless to say, her birthday often gets overlooked due to Christmas. This year we decided to celebrate her birthday a little earlier by taking her out to lunch after church. The venue of choice was a new restaurant opened just a few weeks ago called Bottega, the eleventh and last run of restaurants by celebrity chef, Michael Chiarello. As we sat there enjoying our delicious lunch, the last thing we expected was to see Michael himself. We were surprised when he showed up at our table to greet us and shake our hands, even more when he picked Andre up and offered to give him a tour of his kitchen, saying "I have one of these at home." Much to our delight, Andre complied to go with him, giving us the opportunity to take some memorable photos. Later on, our waiter told us that M. Chiarello often makes an appearance to his guests at Bottega as this is supposed to be the very last restaurant that he opens. Very cool!
Bottega in Yountville


2 comments:
What a treat to have a special visitor during our lunch, lucky Andre! My nephew is a little ham... Food was delicious! And the desserts at Bouchon Bakery... I'll have to come visit you guys more often, I had a great time and I could kiss/hug Andre all day long, so cute...
What great pictures! Happy belated birthday Marie! I'm tickled pink that you guys got to meet Michael Chiarello, he's one of my favorite chefs on Food Network and I often peak at NapaStyle catalog. I'd love to eat here next time I'm in town. : )
P.S. Andre looks so sweet and huggable!!!
Post a Comment