November 6, 2009

Girls Getaway

Imagine this...Three girlfriends whose last adventure happened nearly 14 years ago. This October, Sone and I left our families for five days to reunite with Michelle in Michigan for a long-awaited girlfriends getaway . Needless to say, this was a rare opportunity indeed. We haven't been this footloose and fancy-free for such an extended period of time in ages! What a breath of fresh air it was to be able to lounge and linger, dine and stroll at leisure. To be sure, by the end of the trip, we missed our families greatly and looked forward to seeing them again, but I know I was grateful for the bonding time I shared with my sisters! The memories of scenic vistas, unique experiences and easy camaraderie will always be remembered with fondness and delight.


arriving at Michelle's quaint and cozy domicile
better than a bed & breakfast!

happy to be together

hat happy!

On our way to Mackinac Island

our lakefront hotel

our very feminine room

bikes, bikes & more bikes

Going my way?
In case you didn't know, there are no cars on the island!

So Anne of Green Gables!

a quaint country church
I have a thing for them!

one of my favorite shots
talk about restful

lovely little lighthouse

all bundled up
It was cold up there!

enjoying a stroll down main street

One of the best parts of the trip--
all the laughs!

The scenery wasn't half bad either.




Tea time!







Watching the daybreak...This was one of those rare, deeply peaceful
moments one rarely gets to experience in today's fast-paced world.
It was a privilege to experience it.





Our last day =(












2 comments:

michelle said...

What a treat to see this post! I had no idea you've updated your blog, I usually get a notice. : ) Thanks for documenting this here too. I'm so happy you and Sone enjoyed your vacation in my humble home and State. Our adventure will continue to be a very fond memory... Much love!

Jean M said...

One in a million, for sure!