July 6, 2010

Fabulous Fourth

This year the Fourth of July fell on a Sunday, which I found to be appropriate. As a Christian, not only am I thankful for the freedoms our country enjoys, but for the freedom we have in Christ. In Him, we are free indeed--free from the bondage of sin and free to be forgiven! How fortunate we are for these blessings.


To celebrate, we spent some time with family and dear friends around the table, sharing a delicious and hearty meal. As we are all big foodies, and funny enough, were in possession of the same cookbook (below), those who contributed used various recipes from Thomas Keller's latest and greatest. Yummy!!


2 comments:

michelle said...

Praise God for your words of thankfulness and what better way to give thanks than partaking in His blessings of good food, friends, and family. I'm happy to know that you had a good holiday. We miss you guys.

Haar said...

sad we weren't able to make it. when's the next yummy cookbook coming out?