October 9, 2010

Chess Anyone?

For the past week or so, Andre has been begging me to play chess. I have no idea where he got this sudden desire! The problem is I have no idea how to play the game, nor have I ever attempted to. So what's a mom to do? I went online and read the instructions, I watched how-to videos on youtube. I came away understanding the object of the game and how the pieces move, but with no concept of strategy whatsoever. Fortunately, his father has played a little, so here he is trying to teach the little guy some of the finer points of the game.

Andre is riveted!

4 comments:

MamaBoncx said...

Keep at it, Andre! Al taught ALW how to play when he was around Andre's age and he still plays. Funny thing is I still don't understand the game so when ALW and I "play" he's always teaching me :)

Bessiedavid said...

What a mom wouldn't do for their child. Too bad we're only here for a short time; I would have loved to play with him. My father taught me when I was young.

Jean M said...

Chone: Andre is always offering to teach me, too! lol

Bess: One of these days, you will definitely have to play him. He would love that!

michelle said...

this is fantastic! you're such a good mom. : ) this is definitely a game patrick and i can play with andre next time we see him. (remember when our husbands played this so intently in your first home? they looked so serious in that one picture you captured. lol!) i love andre's look of focus here. what a cutie pie.