December 20, 2010

Wexford Carol

This past Saturday, the hubby and I went to watch VOENA's "Voices of the Season." VOENA stands for Voices of Eve N' Angels. And as we sat listening to the young choir sing , it did feel at times as if we were listening to the voices of angels themselves. Among the many familiar and favorite songs that were performed, I was pleased to discover a song I'd never heard before and immediately fell in love with, mainly because it evoked the true meaning of the season. It is called the Wexford Carol, a traditional Irish song. Unfortunately, I was unable to find VOENA's version, sung by a young girl named Atea Stefani. But below is a version sung by the Celtic Woman.



1 comment:

michelle said...

What a beautiful experience that must've been and what an ethereal song this is. Merry Christmas Sydney.

By the way, we received your family's thoughtful gift over the weekend. Thank you so much for thinking of us. We placed it under our Christmas tree to be opened on Christmas morning. : ) Much love- Holly