August 23, 2011

God Is So Good


Psalm 34:1-5

I will bless the Lord at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul makes its boast in the Lord;
let the humble hear and be glad.
Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
and let us exalt His name together!

I sought the Lord and He answered me
and delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to Him are radiant,
and their faces shall never be ashamed.


Recently, a very good friend of mine experienced a trial, the sort of trial that can easily frighten and cause discouragement.  It was a tense time for me, and I can only imagine how it felt for her, her husband and the rest of her loved ones.  Through it all, however, I marveled at the strength of my friend's faith, which remained steadfast and unwavering--even when her initial biopsy was unsuccessful and the second one postponed.  For over a month, many of us prayed and waited, asking for healing, but most of all for the Lord to be glorified.  And I am pleased to report that He was gracious to allow both!  The mass proved to be benign and God was glorified in my friend's trust in His provision and sovereignty.


No comments: