March 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, Hubby!

Today my sweetie is 36! Yikes! Where did all the time go?! Did you know that when I first met him, it was at the tender age of 15 while he was a mere 18! Now he's twice that age. Wow!! Alright, I think I need to stop with all the exclamatory statements. Is that even a word, exclamatory? Hold on, let me check on dictionary.com real quick. . . OK, I'm back, and yes, exclamatory is indeed a legitimate word. Carrying on. In homage of my dear husband's birthday, I thought it fitting that I briefly mention a few things about him that I am thankful for. . . For one, he is such a patient man. Amazingly so. How many of you have actually seen him get upset, much less angry? God knew I needed that. Or maybe rather, God knew he needed that, in order to put up with me! He is also very generous. When we first got married, his attitude on giving was quite a challenge to me, but I am grateful for his generosity of spirit, for he is quick to meet the needs of others. Billy is also quite funny without meaning or trying to be. Often times, he says things that just have me rolling and he doesn't even know why! But one of the things I am most thankful for is the work God has been doing in Billy's life. Having been married to him for nearly nine years now, I can attest to the spiritual growth that has occurred since the time we first courted and exchanged vows. It's tremendous! Trust me. And the great thing is that God is still growing him, and me, and us. It's a joy and privilege to be by his side to witness it and take part in it all. So, Happy Birthday, Sweetie! I love you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

jean, please give your husband birthday greetings from the Kawazoe household! hope his special day is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Greetings to the Birthday Boy from Vince and Len! Hmmm 36...scratch that...Birthday Greetings to Mr. Billy! =) We're looking forward to seeing you and celebrating with you! Hope you have a great day!

Anonymous said...

From: Mama 3/13/08 Thursday,
Happy Birthday Billy. You deserve the best because of the patience and caring ways you possess. May you have a great day today and every day of your life. You make us smile with your funny jokes. We love you for who you are and remember always that you are very important to us (Jean, andre and I). I thank you for inspiring me with the "Truth" through the teachings. Happy 36th B-day (again).

Billy said...

Sweetie here aka Birthday Boy:

Thanks everyone for the kind words..."I hope that saying is true: Like fine wine, we get better with age" Though my volleyball skills suggest otherwise :)

BTW...I'm not 36...really. I'm 30. I on count in 10's!

Seriously though...My wife is very kind in her words...God has definitely used Jean to refine me in many ways...To God be the GLORY!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Jean, aren't you the sweetest?! I hope y'all (ohmygosh, I can't help it...I'm Puertorican, but have lived in the South waaay too long) had a wonderful birthday day (say that 5 times fast) with each other.