July 2, 2008

This Time Last Year


Here is another "blast from the past" photo. This is one of the exchange students we hosted for the month of July last year. Meryl (left) is from France and Line (pronounced Lina) is from Denmark. They were 14 and 15 years old, respectively, at the time of this photo. It was a very busy and interesting experience hosting these two teenage girls. I don't think we were fully prepared for it! It was a lot harder than we thought it would be, but fun, too. I think what Billy and I found to be most surprising was how, despite some cultural differences, teenagers are pretty much the same all over the world! And they all listen to American music!

Meryl was quite shy at first, but once she got comfortable, she was quite a talker and spitfire! Line was very bright and mature for her 15 years. We were very impressed with her knowledge and self-confidence. Line and Meryl, we miss you and hope you are happy and well.

1 comment:

Line Øllgaard said...

I'm quite shocked that it's already over a year ago. Seems like time flies by with a 1000 miles an hour!
Since I wrote my last comment I have ended the first year of "high school" (with an A on my only examn (: ), been on a great holiday with my family, spent a weekend with one of my best friends from my month in California and been hanging out with all my friends here in Espergaerde.
You too seem to be having a lot of fun, going to all kinds of pretty places! Andre is of course getting bigger and bigger, and I love all the cute photos of him. (He's still adorable!)
I will try to remember to collect some of the best photos from the past year and send them to you. I would love for you to see my friends and family. :)
Thanks for the kind words in your post, I'm really glad you felt that way. When I talk about my trip I always tell about your beautiful home and how sweet you guys were to Meryl and I.

With all the love
Line - Pronounced Lina ;)