June 26, 2008

Blissful Summer Days

Summer
Summer looked for long am I:
Much shall change or e'er I die.
Prithee take it not amiss
Though I weary thee with bliss.

~William Morris~

This is a warning that the next few posts will be extremely photo-heavy!! (Surprise, surprise!) Would you believe me if I told you that I only post a fourth to a third of the photos I actually take? Yes, it's true. When I have a camera in my hand, I can get a little (ahem) "out of hand." I take my role as family historian pretty seriously. So be prepared to witness, as William Morris' poem declares, just how "weary with bliss" we've been in these last few days of early summer.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Glad to see you're out enjoying the season, Jean. It's been a little challenging with the haze: dry eyes (especially when you wear contacts), scratchy throat...but so difficult to stay indoors! Your pictures tell a happy tale, thanks for sharing. I've been aching to go cycling, but we'll see. Praying for your husband and his next "promotion". God is faithful.