April 11, 2009

Spring Fling

Today was a gorgeous day--the mild weather and crystal clear blue sky beckoned us to be outdoors, and so we heeded its siren call!

Road Trip!
This is where it all began--all buckled in and ready to go.
Lunch at the Basque Cafe in Sonoma Square
Andre in front of the Sonoma Mission
Next stop--the beach!!

Images from the road...on our way to Bodega Bay.




So we finally made it to a beach at Bodega, and oh my!  It was the windiest day
ever!!  I'm talking gale force winds.  At least it felt like it.  We lasted all of ten minutes
before deciding to pack it up.  Even Andre whose been dying to go to the beach was asking to go back home! 


Pit Stop!
After being blasted by wind and sand, it was necessary
to locate the nearest cafe for a warm beverage!

Andre finds and plays a ukelele from the cafe's toy stash.


Can you say "daredevil"?!
Since the day at the beach was a wash, we compensated by finding the nearest 
park for Andre to play at.  Fortunately, we did find one in Sebastopol....




My little spider monkey!
I thought it was cool how the branches framed this shot.

My son, the tree-hugger.  His father would be so proud--not!



Random Shots
This bumper sticker perfectly captured the sentiment of the day!

The three of us, just standing around.


A visit to a favorite park in Yountville
Yes, we did go to another park.  The day was so nice we 
didn't want to head back home or indoors just yet!
my view of the sky as I look up from the blanket I'm lying on


a ground level shot of Andre

my boy's typical cheese-y grin

a macro shot with the foreground in focus


Playground fun with Daddy


Of course, we had to cap the day off with a stop at our favorite bakery!

The End...to a perfect spring day!

1 comment:

michelle said...

What a fun and marvelous looking day! I really enjoy seeing the pictures of your family and the joy of spending time together. (I'll have to show it to Patrick.) Happy Easter!