April 29, 2008

My Kind of Camping

For those of you who don't know (a minority, I'm sure), I am not the camping kind of a girl! I love nature, I love hiking, I love the great outdoors! I just don't like roughing it. Forgive me. . . I'm sure if I had to do it, I could; like if it were a matter of survival! But if given a choice, I will choose a nice, comfy hotel room with a nice, comfy bed anytime. Then I saw this and I thought, "Hmmm, this I just might be willing to do."

El Capitan Canyon, Santa Barbara
courtesy of Sunset Magazine

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He-he! You're my kinda gal! I agree love nature and the outdoors, but at the end of the day, I'd like a shower and a bed. Every year our group goes camping, and after a fun day of playing in the water and "roughing it" - they bunk down in tents and we head to the local Double Tree...

Jean M said...

I'm so glad I'm not alone!

Jess said...

Totally agree, but could easily make an exception with a cozy shelter like that! I've been wanting to take a little retreat to Santa Barbara for some time. This picture is calling my name.

~V~ said...

Jean, I'm totally not a "roughing it" type of gal either. Have you ever heard of KOA's? They're camping for the city folk. They have cabins, restrooms, a little general store, a pool, etc. However, "real campers" will make fun of you. But that's as close to "roughing it" that I will get.

Myc said...

Jean, I like roughing it but that looks more like Keaolani's kind of camping..Well whatever you do, don't go camping with the Tolentinos. Every time they go, they always have bears as guests in their camp site. Oh, could you include me into your access for your blog so I don't have to use Mike's account to get on. It's bessie.david@gmail.com Thank you!

Angelo & Chanette Tolentino said...

That photo does look so inviting! Angelo and I have always wanted to go camping in Santa Barbara, too. Perhaps we can go sometime:)

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha. I'm definitely NOT low-maintenance enough to go camping! I'm not high-maintenance, but I think I'm somewhere in the middle....maybe a hair to the right of the middle...

: )

Beautiful image, Jean!