This afternoon, Andre and I went to Target to purchase some house supplies. As we wandered down the aisle, a woman nearby kept yelling at her child rather loudly and obnoxiously. This went on for a few minutes, during which time I was already cringing internally, when Andre decides to say aloud, "She's mad!" He didn't just say it once, he said two or three times. Fearing the lady would overhear him, I said to him "Shhhhh." Then he responds with "Quiet!" directed at the lady. At that point, I couldn't help but giggle even as I was desperately trying to get him to stop speaking altogether. Lucky for us, she didn't hear, and I rushed out of the aisle as quickly as possible.
April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thank you for sharing, Andre is very smart and I'm sure that he did not like what he saw in Target. Just explain to him why it happened that way. Andre is so blessed to have a MOM, that is an angel like you. Can you imagine the way some of the little children are being disciplined? Not good. If you see these little children; they are VERY small and fragile. If Mothers experienced the reverse treatment HOW WOULD THEY FEEL? Some Mothers have no idea how it feels the way they inflict cruel disciplined to the child (ren). We need to pray for parents or mothers who have no experience in raising their children properly. I feel really sad and I have seen some incidents like that; that I felt confronting the adults.
The reason I was cringing was because I was feeling sorry for the child. Like you said, all you can do is pray for the child and mother because, unfortunately, we cannot interfere except in obvious cases of physical abuse. Andre is fortunate, not because his mother is an angel (which I certainly am not!) but because both his parents know that they are accountable before God for their care of their child.
Might I also add that we happen to love him dearly!!
Post a Comment