February 23, 2008

Birthday Outing

The celebration just never ends! For Arlene's birthday, Junior arranged a private tour of Opus One Winery. It was interesting to witness what happens behind-the-scenes of a typical winery. The building was made of Texas limestone and redwood, and the grounds were surrounded by mature olive trees. It was quite picturesque as you can see from the photos.

grand entrance

view from entrance

from atop the winery

in the wine cellar

the couples

lovely archways

ladies

and gentlemen

After the winery tour, we headed to Go Fish in St. Helena for lunch. Good choice, Haar! The restaurant serves a variety of seafood and has a raw fish bar. Their desserts were very good, too.


dayboat scallops with citrus sauce

black cod on crispy rice with baby bok choy and mushrooms
excellent choice!

maple pot de creme with huckleberries and a cinnamon croissant
this was so yummy!

pistachio chocolate cake

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, wow, the dessert looks delish, but what I really love about this post is your coat! Trés chic!

Jean M said...

Thanks, I do happen to love coats, so much so, that I always have to restrain myself whenever I see one that I like!

Myra said...

The winery looks like a place I need to visit to shoot some portraits. Awesome architecture! You got some great shots of the columns.

Anonymous said...

This is my first visit to your site and I love it. I know one of the movies you had listed was sweet sixteen. Ilove that movie. My Mom forgot my sweet sixteen for real. Can you believe that! Well my Grandfather had just passed away and she was still upset. We must forgive :). Well thanks for sharing, Many blessings, Susie

Jean M said...

Hello Susie, it's so nice of you to visit! I plan to swing by yours as well. Just on quick glance I saw that we started blogging at the same time, so we are fellow newbies to this blogging business! God bless.

Anonymous said...

This is a yum, yum dish. Just looking at it make me hungry. I'm glad that you had a good time with some friends, Jean. Be good, and God bless, Mama.