April 21, 2008

Random Images

These are some random images from our anniversary getaway this past weekend. It should give you some idea of how we spent our time.

a warm welcome at our cozy b&b

ribbon detail on my dress

Billy perusing some olive oil

cool copper roof of same olive oil shop

our lunch spot

Billy digging into his oyster dish

entrance to Franciscan Winery

the view from where I sat

me sitting on a bench, enjoying the fresh air

pretty store front

our dining spot

promenade leading to Sterling Vineyards

the charming British Texans we befriended
while riding on the tram

view below from the tram

terrace entryway

Sterling's terrace, this spot has
amazing views of the valley

another pretty store front

yummy sushi

8 comments:

Vince said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I'm sure it was a nice break for the norm.

The B&B looks cozy w/ a cute bed greeter.

Isn't Sterling Vineyard awesome? The wifey didn't quite like the tram up, by all in all, we love the place.

Looks like you guys had quite an eventful anniversary, congrats & we're glad for you guys :)

Haar said...

Lovely photos. Looks like a few places got an "encore" visit.

Jean M said...

Thanks Vince! Sterling was cool. The best part though had to be conversing with the British couple you saw in our tram photo! They were so friendly and it was funny how we would bump into them periodically and even ended up riding the tram with them again on the trip down...

Haar--you're absolutely right! We ended up going back to both Ad Hoc and Go Fish. Martini House had to be canceled due to logistics. Hopefully,we'll get a chance to try it sometime in the future. Also, we did get a chance to visit Woodhouse Chocolate. That was great! Thanks for the tip.

Erwin said...

Ah...the Sterling gondola...and the Sterling patio...both of which were my original proposal spots to Becky until I learned of Castello Di Amorosa.

Nelly Gee said...

Hey Jean. Thanks for finding me. I was trying to keep my blog on the under (it's still a work in progress), but your private investigative skills are top notch. I don't mind though; my blog would've gone out there eventually.

Nice pics. It looks like the weekend was beautiful, and what an occasion to celebrate. Happy anniversary! Praise God for the years past and years to come.

I like the accent feature of your cam too; I'm going to have to play around with mine to see if I have some cool stuff like that.

See you guys at HFG.

Myc said...

You know Jean, your blog always makes me wonder if I didn't get bit by the Hawaiian bug what would my choice of style, vacation destination, and home decor be. Oh well. Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Either this place is really beautiful, or you are a whiz with a camera and photoshop!

Jean M said...

Mike, you give me too much credit! I have no idea how to use photoshop at all. As for my photography, it's a work in progress, but I do think I've improved somewhat. Glad you enjoyed the pics!

Line Øllgaard said...

Dear Jean, Billy and Andre.
Thanks for inviting me to watch this blog! It's been such a long time since I stayed with you, and since we emailed the last time. I'm so sorry, but I'm really bad at keeping in touch :(
I love all the photos, and especially Andre has changed! He is so big now. Awww, it brings back so many happy memories. I remember your beautifull dress, which you bought after the wedding! :)

My parents talked about visiting California this summer, but unfortunately they decided to go sailing in the Mediterranean Sea instead. I've thought about traveling in America when I get out of school in 2 years, and I would love to visit you again!

How are you guys, and is Andre still as happy and fun as he was this summer?

Love
Line <3