May 7, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sis!

Today is my one and only sister's birthday. She is the younger one, the baby sister. That's why it's hard to believe (gulp) that she is turning 31 today! Marilen is two years my junior but is only two steps behind me! Yeah, she runs fast to keep up! It's funny, we share a lot of common interests--such as a love for things French, fine dining, home decorating, etc., but we're also very different! She tends to be a worrier, while I don't stress much. She's pretty fastidious, while I let things slide a bit. She's great with numbers (call her the human calculator), while I have difficulty just calculating the tip! Some cool things about Len. Her French is amazing! While in France, a frenchman told her that her French was perfect, with no American accent! She is great at building and putting stuff together--from diaper cakes to electronic equipment to large-scale furniture items. We call her the Engineer or the German because of her precision. She is a very good budgeter. Her previous job was as an estimator for a publishing firm. And while in college, she even helped me organize my checkbook when it was a mess! She is an excellent dog trainer. Her dog, Mimi, is one of the best behaved dogs I have ever laid eyes on. The dog whisperer is another title we ought to add to her list. I could go on but I'll just end by saying, "Joyeux anniversaire to my worrisome, fastidious, French-speaking/German engineering/human calculating/dog whispering baby sister!"

2 comments:

MamaBoncx said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARILEN!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, thank you so much for this birthday post! Although I did initially wanted to scold you for listing my age!...I guess I can overlook it since this informative summary is mostly complimentary! =) Love ya sis!

I would have replied sooner but I got to celebrate my birthday over the last two days! I'll post pics soon.

Oh also thank you for the birthday greeting Chone!