May 8, 2008

Feeling a Little Lightheaded

It's not often that I experience an "airheaded" moment, but it does happen on occasion. This is a record of such a rare occurrence.

My sister-in-law, Marie, came over for a visit one day. She brought homemade banana bread with her. She says, "I made it with half white flour and half whole wheat flour."

I have a weakness for sweets and baked goods, but that day for some reason I was concerned with trying to eat healthier, so I ask, "Which is the whole wheat side?"

She then looks at me with something akin to pity.

I look back at her wondering and confused, and then it slowly dawns on me. "Oh, umm, oops. Never mind."

(If you still don't understand, think about it a little more. Get it now? OK, good.)

6 comments:

Jess said...

LOL! I've had those moments, and with the in-laws, too...thank God I can laugh at myself now.

Anonymous said...

Sooo - funny. It sounds like my, "how many cans of pepsi are in a 24 pack?" question. I never lived my blond sorority girl status from my roommates!

~V~ said...

My brother once asked "what's 15% of 100?" I don't know why, but it still cracks us up to this day.

michelle said...

You are too funny! You're not alone with these moments, I just had one recently at work of all places. Although I immediately thought of my sis-in-law when I read this and I just had to share... Keep in mind, she's a brilliant J.D. Once when we were watching a football game on TV, she commented, "How do they move that yellow line so quickly during the game?" You know I'm not a big sports fan, so I don't know much about the ongoings of the game, but I do know that yellow line is computer generated. : ) We could not stop laughing! I can't recall if she asked me not mention this funny story ever!? I'll have to ask for forgiveness if I'm not suppose to tell.

Anonymous said...

I'm just now reading this and I'm LOL. I have those moments all the time, even the moving yellow line (1st & 10) while watching football. I could not figure out how the yellow line was drawn on the field too (it took me a year to figure it out). :) marie

Anonymous said...

BAHA! We all have those moments sometimes...no worries.